2011 Decisions - Venues Future WAS Competitions
The Council will decide during the third day of the Council Meeting (Fri 11 Nov), the venues of 5 future IAAF World Athletics Series (WAS) Competitions:
• IAAF World Half Marathon Championships 2014: The two candidates are Denmark, Copenhagen and Russia, Cheboksary.
• IAAF Continental Cup 2014: Morocco with the city of Marrakech (replacing Rabat) is the only candidate.
• IAAF World Indoor Championships 2014: Poland with the city of Sopot (Gdansk) is the only one candidate (Zagreb, Croatia withdrew due to lack of funding).
• IAAF World Junior Championships 2014: USA with the city of Eugene (Oregon) is the only candidate (Bahamas withdrew due to lack of funding and Russia, Kazan did not confirm its Letter of Intent).
• IAAF World Championships 2017: The two candidates are Great Britain with the city of London and Qatar with the city of Doha (Hungary, Budapest withdrew due to lack of funding as so did Spain, Barcelona).
Council approved a reduction of the ineligibility period for the following three athletes whose transfer had previously been approved:
• Nora BICET (CUB to ESP) Inmediatamente
In accordance with Rule 5.4(d)(ii), the waiting period has been cancelled, and so the athlete can compete for Spain in International Competition held under IAAF Rules 1.1 (a), (b) or (f) with immediate effect
• Lysvanys PEREZ (CUB to ESP) Podría competir con la selección a partir de 25/03/2013
Daegu Doping Control Programme
• All 1849 accredited athletes have been submitted to blood sampling pre-competition in the frame of the Athlete Biological Passport implementation.
• 41 urine samples have been collected out-of-competition in Korean training camps or in the Athletes Village before the competition.
• 427 controls have been conducted during the World Championships.
• 2 samples have been confirmed positive.
Number of tests as of 30 September 2011
• In-Competition: 1447 urine tests (including Daegu) at the IAAF competition;
• Out-of-Competitions: 1795 controls (425 of them with EPO analysis).
Education / Information programme in 2011
• Real Winner: The new version of the interactive anti-doping product in 6 languages has been copied on 5000 CDs. 2500 of them were dispatched in Daegu.
• Nutrition in Athletics: An updated version of the booklet in 3 languages was widely dispatched in Daegu and will be ready in 6 languages soon.
• Outreach Programme: A successful session was organised by the IAAF at the WYC in Lille; an important programme was organised at the Athlete’s Village in Daegu in cooperation with the Korean and Japanese National Anti-Doping Agencies.
Athlete Biological Passport implementation
• Haematological module: 2667 blood samples (including 389 from EAA testing programme) were collected in 2011 for blood parameters profiling.
• The endocrine module of the Passport started in Daegu, will now be continued in 2012 in conjunction with the Lausanne Laboratory which is equipped for these analyses.